Given all the video and photos I process, it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion that my next computer purchase will be the new Mac Pro. Even though it’s a bit pricey, the speed and processing power it is expected to deliver will improve my output and efficiency considerably.
So, it’s good to know that the Mac Pro assembly is being done in the U.S. Although I fully understand that it won’t mean a lot of jobs being repatriated from off-shore to the States, every little bit helps. And, it’s judicious application of robotics and factory automation technology that makes it both cost effective and good business to do the assembly Stateside.
Here’s a look at the Mac Pro manufacturing and assembly process:
- Makerbot Replicator vs. Lulzbot A0-100 (Video)
- Makerbot Industries Visit – Bre Pettis Interview Part 1 (Video)
- 3D Printing Pigs – Stop Motion Video
- Prusa RepRap i3 3D Printer in Action (Video)
- Stratasys Video Interview Features PRUSA 3D Printer (Video)