This 3D printing video was interesting:
Not all filaments come equal. Some have more than 2 mm diameter which blocks the extruder nozzle. This is an easy way to verify that there are no thick areas within the filament thread. If such an area is found, the 2mm hole in the aluminum plate will block the passing filament. We then can shave off a bit of the offending filament to make it sub 2mm.
- 3D Printing PLA Filament in Fruity Colors
- All RepRap Filament Is Not Created Alike
- Mapping Out An Approach to 3D Printing
- New 3-Way Extruder Design Yields Multi-color 3D Printed Parts
- Reprap 3D Printing – Are High Travel Speeds Useful?