This is the first complete part produced on my Tantillus 3D printer. The part finish and appearance is much better than I expected, and better than most of the 3D printed parts I’ve seen coming off of other printers, even some commercial units.
As you can see in the video, I had the gap between the hot end and the bed a bit too close, so the initial layers didn’t print. In spite of that mistake, the print was very successful.
The printer is a prototype version of Tantillus and is functionally equivalent to the production units. Most of the differences are cosmetic. It’s really an amazing printer.
- 3D Printing a Hobby Lathe(Video)
- Makerbot Industries Visit – Bre Pettis Interview Part 1 (Video)
- First Practical 3D Printing Project
- FUJIFILM Features 3D Printing at The Digital Show in Australia (Video)
- First flight of 3D printed plane